- The definition of crass is something that is crude, insensitive and unrefined.
- An example of crass is an uneducated assumption made about a subject.
- An example of crass is burping and using low-brow humor to try to be funny.
crass definition by Webster's New World
- grossly stupid, dull, or obtuse
- tasteless, insensitive, and coarse
- money-grubbing; blatantly materialistic
Origin: Classical Latin crassus, thick, gross, fat, akin to cratis: see crate
crass definition by American Heritage Dictionary
adjective crass·er, crass·est
So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.
Origin: Latin crassus, dense.
- crassˈi·tudeˌ , crassˈness noun
- crassˈly adverb