- An example of crass is an uneducated assumption made about a subject.
- An example of crass is burping and using low-brow humor to try to be funny.
The definition of crass is something that is crude, insensitive and unrefined.
- grossly stupid, dull, or obtuse
- tasteless, insensitive, and coarse
- money-grubbing; blatantly materialistic
Origin of crassClassical Latin crassus, thick, gross, fat, akin to cratis: see crate
So crude and unrefined as to be lacking in discrimination and sensibility.
Origin of crassLatin crassus dense
- crass′i·tude′ crass′ness
(comparative crasser, superlative crassest)