- The definition of coving means a concave-shaped molding, usually in trim inside a house.
An example of coving is a concave section of molding on a ceiling.
a concave molding or arch; cove
Variant of cove
- a sheltered nook or recess, as in cliffs
- a small bay or inlet
- ☆ a small valley or pass
- ☆ a strip of open land extending into the woods
- a concave molding, esp. one where the wall meets the ceiling or floor
- a trough for concealed light fixtures on a wall near a ceiling
- a concave arch or vault
Origin of coveMiddle English ; from Old English cofa, cave, cell ; from Indo-European an unverified form gupā, den ; from base an unverified form geu-, to bend, arch from source cod, coomb