To be court-martialed is to be disciplined by or declared guilty of breaking military law by a military tribunal.
An example of court-martialed is a soldier who is tried by a military court and dishonorably discharged from the army after going AWOL.
- simple past tense and past participle of court-martial
- Of or pertaining to one who has undergone a court-martial.
Variant of court-martial
nounpl. courts-martial, court-martials
- a court of personnel in the armed forces for the trial of persons accused of breaking military law
- a trial by a court-martial
- a conviction by a court-martial