- a political movement or revolution against a government or social system set up by a previous revolution
- a movement to combat revolutionary tendencies
See counterrevolution in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- A revolution whose aim is the deposition and reversal of a political or social system set up by a previous revolution.
- A movement to oppose revolutionary tendencies and developments.
- counˌter·revˌo·luˈtion·arˌy (-shə-nĕrˌē) adjective & n.
- counˌter·revˌo·luˈtion·ist noun
Learn more about counterrevolution