- a march back or in the opposite direction
- a marching movement in which a file or column reverses its direction, the individuals remaining in the same order and position
- A march back or in a reverse direction.
- A complete reversal of method or conduct.
intr. & tr.v.coun·ter·marched, coun·ter·march·ing, coun·ter·march·es
- A march back along the same route
(third-person singular simple present countermarches, present participle countermarching, simple past and past participle countermarched)
- To march back along the same route