Variant of counselor
- a person who counsels; advisor; specif., one who advises students or clients regarding educational and occupational alternatives, personal problems, etc.
- a legal advisor, as of an embassy or legation
- a lawyer, esp. one who conducts cases in courtin full counselor-at-law
- a person in charge of a group of children at a camp
- Mormon Ch. one of the advisors to a presiding officer
Origin: Middle English counseilere ; from Old French consellier ; from Classical Latin consiliator