- The definition of a cosponsor is a person or company who gives money or support with another.
An example of a cosponsor is one of the two businesses that fund a specific project.
- To cosponsor is to give money or support to something with another person or company.
- An example of cosponsor is to agree to fund half of an exhibition with another business.
- An example of cosponsor is to write a bill with another member of Congress.
transitive verbco·spon·sored, co·spon·sor·ing, co·spon·sors
(third-person singular simple present cosponsors, present participle cosponsoring, simple past and past participle cosponsored)
- To sponsor jointly with another