continuative[kən tin′yo̵̅o̅ āt′iv, -yo̵̅o̅ ə tiv′]
continuative definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- continuing something
- Gram. expressing continuation or sequel: a continuative clause
Origin: Late Latin continuativus
continuative definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Of, relating to, or serving to cause continuation.
- Linguistics Of or relating to the durative aspect or a durative verb or verb form.
- Something that expresses or causes continuation.
- Linguistics See durative.
- con·tinˈu·aˌtive·ly adverb