- Consequent is defined as dependent upon.
An example of consequent upon used as an adjective is in the following sentence: "The water will boil consequent upon your turning on the stove."
Variant of consequent
- following as a result; resulting
- proceeding in logical sequence
Origin: Old French ; from Classical Latin consequens: see consequence
- anything that follows
- the second term of a conditional proposition
- an inference
- Math. the second term, denominator, or divisor of a ratio
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.