The definition of consensual is mutual consent.
Consensual sex is sex that both parties have agreed to engage in.
- involving consent, esp. mutual consent
- Rom. Law of contracts, existing by the mere consent of the parties
- Physiol. of or caused by reflex action that occurs either with voluntary action or because of stimulation to a corresponding part: said as of the reaction of both pupils when only one is stimulated
Origin of consensualfrom consensus + -al
- Of or expressing a consensus: a consensual decision.
- a. Law Existing or entered into by mutual consent without formalization by document or ceremony: a consensual marriage; a consensual contract.b. Involving the willing participation of both or all parties, especially in an illegal transaction or practice: the consensual crimes of prostitution, drug abuse, and illegal gambling.
- Physiology a. Of or relating to a reflexive response of one body structure following stimulation of another, such as the concurrent constriction of one pupil in response to light shined in the other.b. Of or relating to involuntary movement of a body part accompanying voluntary movement of another.
(comparative more consensual, superlative most consensual)
consensus + -ual