- The definition of connective is something that forms a link.
- Tissues in your body that join one joint to another are an example of something that would be described as connective tissue.
- Introductory notes between chapters in a book that explain how the two different sections relate to each other are an example of connective information.
- something that connects, esp. a word that connects phrases, clauses, or other words, as a conjunction or relative pronoun
- Bot. an anther's lobe-connecting tissue that splits open, allowing the pollen to escape
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- One that connects.
- Grammar A word, such as a conjunction, that connects words, phrases, clauses, and sentences.
- Botany The portion of a stamen that connects the halves of an anther.
- con·necˈtive·ly adverb