conjuration definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- the act of conjuring; invocation
- a magic spell; incantation
- magic; sorcery
- Archaic a solemn entreaty; adjuration
Origin: Middle English conjuracioun ; from Classical Latin conjuratio
conjuration definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- The act or art of conjuring.
- A magic spell or incantation.
- A magic trick or magical effect: “a theatrical magician who knows how to make a dance program an evening of fantastic conjurations” (New York Times).
- Archaic A solemn appeal; an entreaty.