- The definition of confrontational is someone who boldly faces or goes against another person or thing.
An example of confrontational is spitting in the face of a person who has wronged you.
Variant of confront
- to face; stand or meet face to face
- to face or oppose boldly, defiantly, or antagonistically
- to bring face to face (with): to confront someone with the facts
- to set side by side to compare
Origin of confrontFrench confronter ; from Medieval Latin confrontare ; from Classical Latin com-, together + frons, forehead: see front