The definition of a concourse is a large open passageway or a crowd of people.
An example of a concourse is a big open area in a bus or train station.
- a coming or flowing together
- a crowd; throng; gathering
- a large open area or hall where crowds gather, as in a park or railroad station
- a broad thoroughfare
Origin of concourseMiddle English and Old French concours from Classical Latin concursus, a running together from concurrere: see concur
- A large open space for the gathering or passage of crowds, as in an airport.
- A broad thoroughfare.
- A great crowd; a throng.
- The act of coming, moving, or flowing together.
Origin of concourseMiddle English concours assembly, throng from Old French from Latin concursus from past participle of concurrere to assemble com- com- currere to run ; see kers- in Indo-European roots.
international concourse of
St. Pancras Station London, England