transitive verb-·ized·, -·iz·ing
- to run as a business; apply commercial methods to
- to engage in or make use of mainly for profit, esp. at a sacrifice of other values
- to cause to be affected by commercialism
transitive verbcom·mer·cial·ized, com·mer·cial·iz·ing, com·mer·cial·iz·es
- To apply methods of business to for profit.
- a. To do, exploit, or make chiefly for financial gain.b. To sacrifice the quality of for profit.
(third-person singular simple present commercializes, present participle commercializing, simple past and past participle commercialized)
commercial + -ize