- unable to perceive colors or to distinguish between certain colors, as red and green
- ⌂ not influenced by considerations of race
- Partially or totally unable to distinguish certain colors.
- a. Not subject to racial prejudices.b. Not recognizing racial or class distinctions: “Our Constitution is color-blind, and neither knows nor tolerates classes among citizens” (John M. Harlan).
A person with red-green colorblindness is unable to distinguish the red star within the green circle.
(comparative more colorblind, superlative most colorblind)
- Alternative form of color blind.
- Frank was colorblind and had sewn small labels into his clothes to help him pick matching combinations.
- As a result of the lawsuit, the school adopted a colorblind admissions policy.