- unable to perceive colors or to distinguish between certain colors, as red and green
- not influenced by considerations of race
- Partially or totally unable to distinguish certain colors.
- a. Not subject to racial prejudices.b. Not discriminating on the basis of race: a college with a colorblind admissions policy.
Unable to distinguish certain colors. Humans who are colorblind usually cannot distinguish red from green. Many animals, including cats and dogs, are colorblind and unable to distinguish more than a few colors.
(comparative more colorblind, superlative most colorblind)
- Alternative form of color blind.
- Frank was colorblind and had sewn small labels into his clothes to help him pick matching combinations.
- As a result of the lawsuit, the school adopted a colorblind admissions policy.