- a member of a people now living in northernmost Siberia
- the language of this people
Origin of ChukchiRussian ?uk?i (pl.) from Chukchi name, keepers of the reindeer
nounpl. Chukchi, or Chuk·chis also Chukchee or Chuk·chees
- A member of a people of northeast Siberia.
- The language of the Chukchi, noted for being pronounced differently by men and women.
Origin of ChukchiRussian pl. of chukcha from Chukchi chawchəw
- Referring to or coming from Chukotka.
(countable and uncountable, plural Chukchis)
From Russian чукчи (čúkči), singular чукча (čúkča)