- The definition of a Christmas tree is an evergreen tree that is decorated in order to commemorate the Christmas holiday celebrated on December 25.
- An example of a Christmas tree is an evergreen tree that you cut down, bring into your home and decorate with lights and ornaments to celebrate the Christmas holiday.
- An example of a Christmas tree is an artificial tree that is designed to look like a pine or spruce tree.
A cozy room with a Christmas tree near a warm fire.Licensed from iStockPhoto
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- An evergreen or artificial tree decorated, as with lights and ornaments, during the Christmas season.
- A device comprised of pipes and valves that caps a producing natural gas or oil well and controls its flow.