- The definition of a Christmas tree is an evergreen tree that is decorated in order to commemorate the Christmas holiday celebrated on December 25.
- An example of a Christmas tree is an evergreen tree that you cut down, bring into your home and decorate with lights and ornaments to celebrate the Christmas holiday.
- An example of a Christmas tree is an artificial tree that is designed to look like a pine or spruce tree.
A cozy room with a Christmas tree near a warm fire.
Christmas tree definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
an evergreen or artificial tree hung with ornaments and lights at Christmastime
Christmas tree definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- An evergreen or artificial tree decorated, as with lights and ornaments, during the Christmas season.
- A device comprised of pipes and valves that caps a producing natural gas or oil well and controls its flow.