A very choppy sea.
- The definition of choppy is small rough waves, or something that makes quick moves, shifts and changes.
- An example of something choppy is the rough water in a bay.
- An example of something choppy is the wind before a storm.
Having many small waves; rough: choppy seas.
Origin of choppyFrom chop1.
Abruptly shifting; variable. Used of the wind.
Origin of choppyFrom chop2.
(comparative choppier, superlative choppiest)
- (of the surface of water) Having many small, rough waves.
- Discontinuous, intermittent.
- The sound is choppy in this video.