The definition of Choate is an American politician named Rufus Choate who served as a U.S. Representative and a Massachusetts senator.
An example of Choate is the senator of Massachusetts from 1841 to 1845.
1799-1859; U.S. lawyer
choate - Legal Definition
Completed or perfected in and of itself. See also inchoate.
- Bartlett, and of Rufus Choate by Daniel C. French; of W.
- JOSEPH HODGES CHOATE (1832-), American lawyer and diplomat, was born at Salem, Massachusetts, on the 24th of January 183 2.
- In oratory, James Otis, Fisher Ames, Josiah Quincy, junr., Webster, Choate, Everett, Sumner, Winthrop and Wendell Phillips; and, in addition, in statesmanship, Samuel Adams, John Adams and John Quincy Adams. In fiction, Hawthorne and Mrs Stowe.
- The borough has a public library (1881), a Masonic Home, the Gaylord Farm Sanatorium of the New Haven County Anti-Tuberculosis Association, the Phelps School (for girls) and the Choate School (1896, for boys).
- He was the son of Dr George Choate, a physician of considerable note, and was a nephew of Rufus Choate.