- An example of child abuse is physical abuse such as hitting or harming a child.
- An example of child abuse is verbal abuse such as calling the child names and insulting the child.
- An example of child abuse is sexual abuse such as making a child engage in sexual acts.
The definition of child abuse is the mistreatment of a child by a parent, older person or person in authority.
child abuse - Legal Definition
- If you choose to find your own nanny, be sure to do a thorough background check including criminal and child-abuse clearance through your local police department.
- Make sure they include a criminal and child-abuse background check in their screening.