Variant of chemistry
noun pl. chemistries
- the science dealing with the composition and properties of substances, and with the reactions by which substances are produced from or converted into other substances
- the application of this to a specified subject or field of activity
- the chemical properties, composition, reactions, and uses of a substance
- any process of synthesis or analysis similar to that used in chemistry: the chemistry of wit
- the makeup of a person, group, situation, etc.
- interaction between people, esp. with respect to emotional or intellectual qualities; rapport
- mutual sexual attraction
Origin: chemist + -ry
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.