a person born or living in Chechnya
Origin of Chechenfrom obsolete Russian ?e?en from source modern form, ?e?enec
of Chechnya or its people, language, or culture
- a. A native or inhabitant of Chechnya.b. A member of the predominant, traditionally Muslim ethnic group of Chechnya.
- The Northeast Caucasian language of the Chechens.
Origin of ChechenObsolete Russian from Kabardian (Caucasian language of southwest Russia and Turkey) šešen
- Of or pertaining to Chechnya
- An ethnic group originating from Chechnya in the North Caucasus region.
- Someone belonging to this ethnic group.