- The definition of chastity is a quality held by someone pure, modest or celibate.
- A virgin is an example of chastity.
- Faithful married couples are examples of chastity.
the quality or state of being chaste; specif.,
- sexual abstinence; celibacy
- decency or modesty
- simplicity of style
Origin of chastityMiddle English chastite ; from Old French chastete ; from Classical Latin castitas: see chaste
The condition or quality of being chaste, especially the condition of not having had sexual intercourse or of abstaining from sexual relations.
Origin of chastityMiddle English chastite, from Old French chastete, from Latin castitās, from castus, pure; see chaste.
From Old French chastete.
- (rare) A female given name from the virtue chastity.