- simple past tense and past participle of char
A charred hamburger.
The definition of charred means slightly burned, or turned into charcoal by burning.
An example of charred is a hamburger cooked "well-done."
- A charred hole still smoked in the compound's wall.
- The charred portal was wrested open.
- Some had charred bodies while others were empty.
- "Toni, send your Traveler to grab the driver in the Camaro down the street," Dusty said, returning his gaze to the charred building in front of him.
- One of the most striking alterations of cell-walls is that termed carbonization, in which the substance gradually turns black, hard and brittle, as if charred - e.g.