- The definition of celebrative is full of fun, partying, excitement, praise or honor.
An example of something celebrative is an engagement party.
Variant of celebrate
- to perform (a ritual, ceremony, etc.) publicly and formally: solemnize
- to commemorate (an anniversary, holiday, etc.) with ceremony or festivity
- to honor or praise publicly
- to mark (a happy occasion) by engaging in some pleasurable activity
Origin: Middle English celebraten ; from Classical Latin celebratus, past participle of celebrare, to frequent, go inch(es) great numbers, honor ; from celeber, frequented, populous; akin to celer, swift: see hold
- to observe a holiday, anniversary, etc. with festivities
- to perform a religious ceremony
- to mark a happy occasion by engaging in some pleasurable activity
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.