- The tail on a horse is an example of a caudal feature.
- The rear fin on a fish is an example of a caudal element.
- The human tailbone is an example of a caudal position.
The definition of caudal is being a tail, looking like a tail or being located where a tail would be.
- of or like a tail
- at or near the tail
Origin of caudal; from Classical Latin cauda, tail + -al
- a. Of, at, or near the tail or hind parts; posterior: the caudal fin of a fish.b. Situated beneath or on the underside; inferior.
- Similar to a tail in form or function.
Origin of caudalNew Latin caudalis, from Latin cauda, tail.
- (zoology) Pertaining to the tail or posterior or hind part of a body.
- A caudal vertebra.
From Latin cauda (“tail”) + -al.