- Present participle of caucus.
Variant of caucus
- a private meeting of leaders or a committee of a political party or faction to decide on policy, pick candidates, etc., esp. prior to a general, open meeting
- the group attending such a meeting
- a faction or group of politicians: the black Congressional caucus
- a controlling organization within a British political party
Origin of caucusprobably after Caucus Club, 18th-c. social and political club; ultimately ; from Medieval Greek kaukos, drinking cup