- Cato, (Marcus Porcius) 234-149 ; Rom. statesman: called the Elder or the Censor
- Cato, (Marcus Porcius) 95-46 ; Rom. statesman & Stoic philosopher: great-grandson of Cato (the Elder): called the Younger
- (rocketry) Slang shorthand (which is not an acronym) for "Catastrophic failure" since it can happen at any point in time during the rocket flight. Properly spelled Cato or cato, and never in all caps.
- (rocketry) (acronym) for "Catastrophe At Take Off"
- (Canada, military) Cadet Administrative and Training Order
- (aviation) Catapult Assisted Take-Off