- Present participle of catalogue.
- The act of arranging in, or as if in, a catalogue.
AnagramsSee also: cataloging
Variant of catalog
a complete or extensive list, esp.
- ☆ an alphabetical card file, as of the books in a library
- a list of articles for sale, school courses offered, items on display, etc., usually with descriptive comments and often with illustrations
- a book or pamphlet containing such a list
- a long list, as of warriors, rivers, or ships, characteristic of the classical epic
Origin of catalogFrench catalogue ; from Late Latin catalogus ; from Classical Greek katalogos, a list, register ; from katalegein, to reckon, list ; from kata-, down, completely + legein, to say, count: see logic