an acacia shrub (Acacia greggii) native to the Southwest and to N Mexico, having spikes of yellow flowers and thorns resembling claws
(plural cat's claws)
- Used other than as an idiom: see cat, claw.
- Any of several species of plant having parts resembling the claw of a cat.
- Acacia greggii, a tree species native to the southwestern United States and northern Mexico
- Acacia plumosa, a medicinal plant species native to Brazil
- Carpobrotus edulis, or uña de gato (Spanish: "cat's claw"), a plant species in the Aizoaceae family
- Dolichandra unguis-cati, or cat's claw creeper, a Central American climbing vine of the Bignoniaceae family
- Grevillea alpina, a shrub species native to Australia
- Martynia annua, a plant species endemic to Brazil
- Mimosa nuttallii (formerly Schrankia nuttalli), a plant native to the Midwestern United States
- Uncaria guianensis, a plant species found in Guyana
- Uncaria rhynchophylla, a plant species used in traditional Chinese medicine
- Uncaria tomentosa, a plant species found in the tropical jungles of South and Central America