- An example of cassis is an ingredient used in the liquor Crème de Cassis, a popular after dinner drink from Burgundy.
- An example of Cassis is a commune east of Marseilles.
- crème de cassis
- a drink made with this liqueur: vermouth cassis
- a syrup made from black currants
Origin of cassisFr, origin, originally , black currant ; from Classical Latin cassia, cassia: the black currant was used as a substitute for cassia in medieval times
- A syrup made from black currants.
- Crème de cassis.
Origin of cassisFrench, from Middle French, from Old French cassie, casse, cassia, senna, from Latin casia, cassia, aromatic tree of the genus Cinnamomum; see cassia.
(usually uncountable, plural ?)