- The definition of a carouse is a noisy, drinking party.
An example of a carouse is a party at a college fraternity house.
- Carouse is defined as drinking a lot or having a noisy and fun time while drinking alcohol.
An example of carouse is to have ten drinks at the bar.
carouse definition by Webster's New World
Origin: obsolete French carousse, carousal ; from German gar aus, quite out ; from gar austrinken, to drink up entirely
- a noisy, merry drinking party
- Obsolete a glassful drunk all at once, esp. as a toast
- carouser noun
carouse definition by American Heritage Dictionary
intransitive verb ca·roused, ca·rous·ing, ca·rous·es
- To engage in boisterous, drunken merrymaking.
- To drink excessively.
Origin: German garaus, all out, drink up : gar, completely (from Middle High German, from Old High German garo) + aus, out, up; see auslander.
- ca·rousˈer noun