- a small, tropical shrub or tree (Averrhoa carambola, family Oxalidaceae) cultivated for its fruit
- its glossy, yellow, fleshy, oval fruit with prominent ridges and a star-shaped cross section; star fruit
Origin of carambolaPort, probably ; from Marathi karambal
- An ornamental evergreen tree (Averrhoa carambola), native to Southeast Asia and having crisp, edible, yellow to orange, longitudinally ridged fruits that are star-shaped in cross section.
- The fruit of this plant. Also called star fruit.
Origin of carambolaPortuguese, perhaps from Marathi karambal.
- A tree species native of southern Asia, Averrhoa carambola.
- The fruit of carambola tree, more commonly known as star fruit.