canonize definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- canonization noun
canonize definition by American Heritage Dictionary
transitive verb can·on·ized, can·on·iz·ing, can·on·iz·es
- To declare (a deceased person) to be a saint and entitled to be fully honored as such.
- To include in the biblical canon.
- To include in a literary canon.
- To approve as being within canon law.
- To treat as sacred; glorify.
- canˌon·i·zaˈtion noun
- canˈon·izˌer noun