- a small card with one's name, and sometimes one's address, on it, used in making visits
- Informal an identifying mark or characteristic left by someone or something: his calling card was a string of home runs
- a form of credit card used for making long-distance telephone calls, by means of which the charges may be either applied to a home or business account or (often phone card) deducted from a prepaid amount
See calling card in American Heritage Dictionary 4
- An engraved card bearing one's full name. Also called visiting card.
- A distinguishing characteristic or behavior.
- See phone card.