- an additional audition as for a theatrical role
- a return telephone call
- The act or an instance of calling back from one location or situation to the previous one: a callback of laid-off auto workers.
- A second or follow-up audition, especially as one of a set of such auditions for a role in a play.
- A return telephone or radio call.
- A recall of a recently sold product by the manufacturer to correct a defect.
- The return of a situation to a previous position or state.
- A return telephone or radio call; especially one made automatically to authenticate a logon to a computer network
- A product recall because of a defect or safety concern.
- (computing, programming) A function pointer passed to another function that the latter can call for notification purposes.
- (theater) a follow-up audition (casting)
- (comedy) a joke which references an earlier joke in the same routine
callback - Computer Definition
An authentication technique that calls the sender back. After connection is made, the receiving side breaks the connection and calls the sender to ensure that the logon was made from the authorized computer. Callback prevents a stolen ID and password from being used on a different machine. See also Web callback.