- the most highly prized cabernet grape
- a fragrant, dry red wine made from this grape, blended into many Bordeaux wines and often bottled as a varietal elsewhere
cabernet sauvignonCab·er·net Sauvignon
- A variety of black grape used to make red wine, notably in Bordeaux and the Napa Valley.
- A dry red wine made from this grape.
Origin of Cabernet SauvignonFrench
- The principal vines grown in the Medoc are the Cabernet-Sauvignon, which is the most important, the Gros Cabernet, the Merlot, the Carmenere, the Malbec, and the Verdot.