- The definition of busyness is a state of having a lot of activity, or of not being idle.
When you have a lot of tasks to do all at once, this is an example of busyness.
Variant of busy
- occupied in some activity; at work; not idle
- full of activity; characterized by much action or motion
- in use at the moment, as a telephone line
- indicating such use: the busy signal
- having so much detail, variety of color, etc. as to create a confusing, displeasing effect
Origin of busyMiddle English busi ; from Old English bisig, occupied, diligent; akin to Dutch bezig: seen only in Low German and amp; eastern; English