Origin of bummedfrom bum
A boy bummed because his team lost.
- When you felt sad because your football team lost, this is an example of a time you were bummed.
- When you traveled idly around Europe, this is an example of a time when you bummed around Europe.
The definition of bummed is slang for feeling upset or disappointed, or to have traveled around without a specific destination.
Slang depressed, upset, distressed, annoyed, etc.: usually with out
- simple past tense and past participle of bum
- It's hard to continue being bummed out once you see that cheerful smile and read the sayings, especially if your sense of humor leans toward the dark and edgy.
- Their second album 'Bummed' was released in November 1988.
- I hate to admit it, but I'm kind of bummed that you're leaving me on my birthday.
- The news startled her, and she wasn't sure why it made her feel … bummed.
- He just bummed around town.