- The definition of bummed is slang for feeling upset or disappointed, or to have traveled around without a specific destination.
- When you felt sad because your football team lost, this is an example of a time you were bummed.
- When you traveled idly around Europe, this is an example of a time when you bummed around Europe.
A boy bummed because his team lost.
bummed definition by Webster's New World
Slang depressed, upset, distressed, annoyed, etc.: usually with out
Origin: ; from bum
Variant of bum
- a vagrant, hobo, tramp, or beggar; specif., a shabby, often drunken derelict
- any shiftless or irresponsible person, loafer, idler, etc.
- a devotee, as of golf or skiing, who devotes so much time to the sport as to disrupt family life, career, etc.
- an incompetent person, esp. an athlete
Origin: ; from bummer, probably ; from German bummler, loafer, habitually tardy person ; from bummeln, to go slowly, waste time
intransitive verb bummed, bumming
- to live as a bum or vagrant
- to live by begging or sponging on people
Slang to get by begging or sponging; cadge: to bum a cigarette