One boy bullying another.
The definition of bullying is mean behavior such as physical or verbal abuse directed at another person in order to hurt that individual or to get the individual to do what you want.
Pushing someone down on the playground to steal his lunch money is an example of bullying.
- Present participle of bully.
Variant of bully
- a person who hurts, frightens, or tyrannizes over those who are smaller or weaker
- Brit., Dialectal a companion or comrade
- Archaic a pimp
- Archaic a hired cutthroat or thug
- Archaic a fine fellow
Origin of bullyorigin, originally , sweetheart ; from Dutch boel, lover, brother ; from Middle High German buole (Ger buhle), lover, probably origin, originally diminutive of bruder, brother; later influenced, influence by bull
to behave like a bully
- dashing, hearty, or jolly: my bully lad
- ☆ Informal fine; very good
Informal good; well done