- Suffering from bulimia nervosa.
- My sister was bulimic and consequently had a number of health problems.
- Of, or relating to, bulimia nervosa.
- The woman had displayed a number of bulimic symptoms, prompting her family to stage an intervention.
- A person suffering from bulimia.
- The hospital strictly monitored the advertising materials the bulimics and anorexics were allowed to see.
Variant of bulimia
- Med. a continuous, abnormal hunger
- an eating disorder, chiefly in young women, characterized by the gorging of large quantities of food followed by purging, as through self-induced vomitingin full bulimia nervosa
Origin of bulimiaModern Latin ; from Classical Greek boulimia ; from bous, ox, cow + limos, hunger ; from uncertain or unknown; perhaps Indo-European base an unverified form lei-, to diminish, meager from source little