- An example of Bubba is what you might call your best male friend.
- An example of Bubba is what you might call a bigoted, working-class man in the South.
The definition of Bubba is a name used for someone who is a brother, like a brother or a close friend, or slang for a white, uneducated and assertive man from the southern United States.
- brother: sometimes used as a familiar term of address
- close friend
- a man of the Southern U.S., variously characterized as easygoing, companionable, assertively masculine, uneducated, bigoted, violent, etc.
- Chiefly Southern US Brother.
- A white working-class man of the southern United States, stereotypically regarded as uneducated and gregarious with his peers.
Origin of bubbaAlteration of bub.
- (Southern US, childish) Brother; used as term of familiar address.
- A working-class white male from the southern US (stereotyped as loutish).
- (US) Alternative form of bubba (a white male Southerner).