- 1870-1957; U.S. typographer & book designer
- 1731-95; Am. frontier soldier
- (born William Penn Adair Rogers) 1879-1935; U.S. humorist & actor
a masculine name
Origin of BruceScot, after French Brieuse, locality in France
- (born Leonard Alfred Schneider) 1925-66; U.S. comedian
- 1274-1329; king of Scotland (as Robert I, 1306-29): won independence of Scotland from England
- A Scottish surname, most notably of Robert the Bruce.
- A male given name transferred from the surname.
From a Norman place name, Brix, of disputed meaning.