- The definition of brotherhood is a relationship between brothers or close friends, or is a feeling of kinship with other people.
- When two men have a close and loyal friendship, this is an example of a brotherhood.
- When a group of people all shares the same goals and tribulations and support each other, this is an example of a brotherhood.
- the state of being a brother or brothers
- an association of men united in a common interest, work, creed, etc., as a fraternity, religious order, or labor union
- a belief in, or feeling of, unity and cooperation among men or among all people
Origin: Middle English brotherhod, brotherhede: see brother and amp; -hood
Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- The state or relationship of being brothers.
- An association of men, such as a fraternity or union, united for common purposes.
- All the members of a profession or trade.