- The definition of break-even is that expenses are equal to income.
An example of break-even used as an adjective is in the phrase "break-even mark," which means when income equals spending.
- (business, management) Alternative spelling of break-even.
- (nonstandard) Alternative spelling of break even.
- Verb forms such as "breakingeven", "breakseven", "brokeven"/"brokeeven", and "brokeneven" seem very rare in edited works. Much of the apparant usage consists of scanning or typographic errors.
- (business, management) The level of revenues sufficient to cover costs.
- We'll never reach break-even if our variable costs are higher than our selling price.
(third-person singular simple present breaks even, present participle breaking even, simple past broke even, past participle broken even)