- The definition of brawn means developed muscles, or physical strength.
An example of brawn is the ability to lift 300 pounds.
brawn definition by Webster's New World
- strong, well-developed muscles
- muscular strength
- Brit. cooked boar's flesh
Origin: Middle English braun ; from Old French braon, fleshy or muscular part, buttock ; from Frankish brado, meat, calf (of leg), akin to Old High German brato, Old English bræde
brawn definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Solid and well-developed muscles, especially of the arms and legs.
- Muscular strength and power.
- Chiefly British The meat of a boar.
Origin: Middle English, muscle, from Old French braon, meat, of Germanic origin; see bhreu- in Indo-European roots.