A walkway borders upon this garden.
- The definition of border upon means being near an edge or border.
An example of border upon is being on the outside rim of a garden bed.
Variant of border
- an edge or a part near an edge; margin; side
- a dividing line between two countries, states, etc. or the land along it; frontier
- a narrow strip, often ornamental, along an edge; fringe; edging
- an ornamental strip of flowers or shrubs along the edge of a garden, walk, etc.
Origin of borderMiddle English and amp; Old French bordure ; from border, to border ; from Frankish an unverified form bord, margin: see board
- to provide with a border
- to extend along the edge of; bound
of, forming, or near a border
border onor border upon
- to be next to or adjoining
- to be like; almost be: his grief borders on madness
the area surrounding the boundary between Scotland and England