- A woman's butt is an example of her booty.
- Goods stolen from a store are an example of booty.
- loot taken from the enemy; spoils of war
- anything seized by force or robbery; plunder
- any gain, prize, or gift
Origin of bootyMiddle Low German bute, akin to German beute; influenced, influence by boot
- the buttocks
- the act or an instance of sexual intercourse
shake one's booty
nounpl. boo·ties also boo·dies
- Slang The buttocks.
- Vulgar Slang a. The vulva or vagina.b. Sexual intercourse.
Origin of bootyAfrican American Vernacular English, from obsolete African American Vernacular English booty, body, perhaps alteration of body.
- Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war.
- Goods or property seized by force or piracy.
- A valuable prize, award, or gain.
Origin of bootyMiddle English botye (influenced by bote, advantage; see boot2), probably from Middle Low German b&umacron;te, exchange.
From Old French butin (“booty”)