- A woman's butt is an example of her booty.
- Goods stolen from a store are an example of booty.
- loot taken from the enemy; spoils of war
- anything seized by force or robbery; plunder
- any gain, prize, or gift
Origin of bootyMiddle Low German bute, akin to German beute; influenced, influence by boot
- the buttocks
- the act or an instance of sexual intercourse
shake one's booty
- Plunder taken from an enemy in time of war.
- Goods or property seized by force or piracy.
- A valuable prize, award, or gain.
Origin of bootyMiddle English botye (influenced by bote, advantage; see boot2), probably from Middle Low German b&umacron;te, exchange.
nounpl. boo·ties also boo·dies
- Slang The buttocks.
- Vulgar Slang a. The vulva or vagina.b. Sexual intercourse.
Origin of bootyAfrican American Vernacular English, from obsolete African American Vernacular English booty, body, perhaps alteration of body.
From Old French butin (“booty”)