- The definition of a booby hatch is a cover over a small hatch on a ship, or a slang term for an institution for the mentally ill.
- An example of booby hatch is what sailors might cover up on a boat.
- An example of booby hatch is an offensive term for a place for the mentally ill.
booby hatch definition by Webster's New World
Webster's New World College Dictionary Copyright © 2010 by Wiley Publishing, Inc., Cleveland, Ohio. Used by arrangement with John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
- a covering over a small hatchway on a ship
- ☆ Slang an institution for the mentally ill
booby hatch definition by American Heritage Dictionary
- Nautical A raised covering over a small hatchway.
- Offensive Slang An institution for the mentally ill.