- An example of booby hatch is what sailors might cover up on a boat.
- An example of booby hatch is an offensive term for a place for the mentally ill.
The definition of a booby hatch is a cover over a small hatch on a ship, or a slang term for an institution for the mentally ill.
- a covering over a small hatchway on a ship
- Slang an institution for hospitalizing the mentally ill
- Nautical A raised covering over a small hatchway.
- Offensive Slang An institution for the mentally ill.
(plural booby hatches)
- Alternative form of booby-hatch.